Sunday 12 June 2011

Yumchaa- Camden (Parkway)

During one of Friday's many sudden downpours, a friend and I were lucky enough to escape the weather and enjoy coffee & cake in Yumchaa in Camden Town's Parkway.

Back in March I chose to review the other Yumchaa in Camden Town (by the Stables) assuming, from the location, that it would be the better of the two.  I can happily say that I was wrong and that, despite enjoying the 1st, my 2nd Yumchaa experience was even better! 


On this occasion I was led into the path of temptation by the maccaroons from the, much larger, selection of  cakes on offer.  Strong competitors included a humble-looking apple and apricot cake and the enormous pile of chocolate brownies, all beautifully (& seductively!) displayed on the counter.











The inside of Parkway's Yumchaa follows the same priciples as the others: exposed brick & clean magnolia walls, mis-matched furniture with a fresh and open feel.  It is however much larger and feels somewhat more loved than it's sister in the Stables.  It is perfect for a relaxed coffee with friends or an afternoon of pointless Googling curtesy of Yumchaa's free wifi!


Loving Camden, as I do, I will definitely be back to sample more of Yumchaa's savoury & sweet offerings...and maybe finally some tea!


R x

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a delightful spot for a cuppa plus goodies. Thank you so much for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete